Tell us about your accident and we'll tell you...

  • If you have a claim

  • How much it's worth

  • How to proceed

Find Out How Much You Can Claim

    Fields marked with a * are mandatory.

    FACT: 70% of people who can claim compensation
    don't bother! It's so simple, just ask us a question

    Workplace/Industrial Claims


    If you have suffered an industrial injury whilst working within the United Kingdom you may be entitled to compensation and be able to claim benefits for the financial difficulty you may find yourself experiencing. Your first step should be to submit details of the injury to one of our claims experts who will be able to tell you quickly and clearly whether you deserve compensation.

    You may be able to make a claim for Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit which you can do if you are unable to work for a period of over two months due to the nature of your injury.

    The same benefit can be claimed if you are suffering from one of the many recognised “prescribed diseases” associated with your kind of work.

    Here are some of the industrial injuries for which a compensation claim may be made.

    Industrial Deafness

    If you are working in a regularly noisy environment where you are afforded little if any protection from the noise levels you may suffer from industrial deafness. Read our guide on industrial deafness for even more information.

    The result of your arranged hearing test which is part of making your claim will have to show a loss of hearing in each ear of no less than fifty decibels which reflects the level of damage caused to the inner ear and this harm, in one ear at least, has to have been caused by the noise conditions you have worked with.

    You have a time limit of five years after leaving the employment responsible for your condition to make your claim for benefits.

    Vibration White Finger

    When you have been using certain kinds of power tools within your employment a constant vibration is transmitted down your arms to your hands and fingers exposing you to hand-arm vibration (otherwise known as HAVS).

    This can eventually have an effect on your nerves and blood vessels, along with your muscles and joints. If this condition is ignored it may cause disablement of a severe nature.

    The affected fingers suffer with an extremely painful condition called vibration white finger which is particularly apparent during cold and wet weather conditions.

    The finger, as indicated by the name of the condition, first turns white and then red as the blood begins to flow again, inflicting an intense pain as the fingers recover.

    In severe cases the lack of sensation in your hands could become permanent and eventually it is possible that you will not have any feeling in your fingers at all.

    Vibrations at less constant and lower levels can cause a disorder of the nervous system called carpal tunnel syndrome which is an industrial injury resulting in a weakness when using the hand, and tingling and numbness may also be experienced.

    Tendonitis or Tenosynovitis

    The symptoms experienced with this industrial injury include a painful tenderness and/or swelling of part of the tendon.

    The surrounding skin may be inflamed which is likely to restrict the movements of this particular part of your body.

    More often than not the condition only lasts for a few days then disappears of its own accord but occasionally it lasts a lot longer than this and if not treated in the correct way can become a long term complaint.

    The areas of the body most prone to be affected by tendon problems are the wrist and hand as they are used more regularly, but it is true to say any tendon can be cursed with this industrial injury.

    If you are suffering from any of the above and believe it stems directly from your working environment then you could be owed compensation and have nothing to lose by asking our claims experts today. Give us the details of your claim and we will send you a personal response within an hour with no obligation.

    Want To Know How To Claim Compensation? Call us now

    For FREE initial phone advice, and a FREE 1st appointment from expert Solicitors on all types of  compensation claims;

    • Call our team now on FREEPHONE 0800  1404544 or
    • Complete the enquiry box at the top of this page, or fill in the email contact form below for a reply by email or a call back at a time when it’s convenient to you
    • No Obligation

    • Accredited Specialist Solicitors

    • Response Within 60 Minutes

    • Free Service

    Find Out How Much You Can Claim

      Fields marked with a * are mandatory.

      The website is owned by Bonallack and Bishop Solicitors, Rougemont House, Rougemont Close, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 1LY

      © Bonallack & Bishop Solicitors. All rights reserved.

      Bonallack & Bishop Solicitors (76483) is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority