Tell us about your accident and we'll tell you...

  • If you have a claim

  • How much it's worth

  • How to proceed

Find Out How Much You Can Claim

    Fields marked with a * are mandatory.

    FACT: 70% of people who can claim compensation
    don't bother! It's so simple, just ask us a question

    Work Accident and Industrial Injury

    Despite everyone’s best intentions work accidents can happen but employers have a legal duty to protect your health and safety in the workplace.

    If you suffer an industrial injury because of employer negligence then you may be entitled to make a claim for work accident compensation.

    Your responsibilities in the workplace include taking ‘reasonable care’ of your own and your fellow workmates well-being. Naturally, this will include keeping to your employers’ health and safety procedures.

    Your employer however must meet more specific guidelines.

    Avoiding Accidents At Work -Your Employers Responsibilities

    To keep you and your work colleagues safe from any work accident or industrial injury, your employer will need to take the following steps;

    • Monitor and maintain work practices (such as operating machinery) and assess risks involved in those work practices.

    • Make sure that all equipment including plant and machinery are safe and that the equipment is regularly maintained.

    • Provide all employees with adequate protective clothing.

    • Keep an accident book and report any injuries to the relevant authority (usually the Health and Safety Executive).

    • Provide first aid facilities and equipment.

    • Ensure that noise and pollution such as fumes are kept under control.

    • Comply with fire regulations including safety, precautions including escape routes.

    If you feel that your employer is failing to meet those guidelines than you are entitled to leave work until the problem is sorted out.

    Had a work accident?

    If you suffer an industrial injury or have any kind of workplace accident than the first thing you must do is report the incident to your employers.

    Your employer must, by law, record the incident in the company’s accident book but if, for whatever reason, there isn’t an accident book available, than make sure you write down the basic details of the incident and hand a copy to your employer.

    Do you keep a copy for yourself as a back-up should your employers copy be ‘mislaid.’

    You should also see a doctor as soon as possible, even if you don’t consider the injury you have suffered to be too serious.

    A doctors report is essential if, further down the line, you wish to make a claim for workman’s compensation or sickness / welfare benefit.

    Another thing that you should do if you have suffered an injury is to register the incident as an industrial injury with the DWP (Department of Work and Pensions).

    Taking this step will be a great help should you need to make any claim in the future for industrial injury benefits.

    Want To Know How To Claim Compensation? Call us now

    Should you need more advice or would like to find out how to claim compensation for an industrial injury or work accident, you can ask us a question in the box provided at the top of this page. We have specialist compensation solicitors waiting to hear from you who will give you free, confidential, no obligation advice within one hour.

    For FREE initial phone advice, and a FREE 1st appointment from expert Solicitors on all types of work accident or industrial disease compensation claims;

    • Call our team now on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or
    • Complete the email contact form below
    • No Obligation

    • Accredited Specialist Solicitors

    • Response Within 60 Minutes

    • Free Service

    Find Out How Much You Can Claim

      Fields marked with a * are mandatory.

      The website is owned by Bonallack and Bishop Solicitors, Rougemont House, Rougemont Close, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 1LY

      © Bonallack & Bishop Solicitors. All rights reserved.

      Bonallack & Bishop Solicitors (76483) is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority