Tell us about your accident and we'll tell you...

  • If you have a claim

  • How much it's worth

  • How to proceed

Find Out How Much You Can Claim

    Fields marked with a * are mandatory.

    FACT: 70% of people who can claim compensation
    don't bother! It's so simple, just ask us a question

    Work Related Accidents

    Work related accidents can lead to injury and the inability to continue your employment for short or long periods.

    As well as the physical pain, the period of enforced absence from work can lead to financial hardship for any worker who suffers an accident at work.

    Your employer has a duty of care to prevent you suffering work related accidents. If he fails in that duty, you may have a strong case to claim compensation.

    It is important to note that before you make any claim you understand that for claim to be valid, the accident will need to have been caused by someone else’s negligence. Under the Health and Safety Acts, each employee also has a duty of care towards himself and his colleagues.

    The employer’s obligations under the act are quite extensive. He should make a risk assessment of the working practices in the workplace. Plant and machinery must be safe to use and also kept maintained.

    Where necessary, protective clothing must be provided, noise and pollution should be controlled as much as possible and fire precautions – including the provision of fire escapes – must be observed. The workplace must also have first aid provision and equipment.

    Crucially, the law demands that an accident book must be kept to record details of any accidents at the place of work.

    Should an employer be neglectful of any of these provisions and as a result you suffer a work related injury, then you will have a strong case to make a claim for workers compensation.

    If you have the misfortune to suffer a work related accident you must ensure that the full details are recorded in the accident book. This could be crucial if you are to be successful with any compensation claim. You will then need to see your doctor and this is very important for two reasons.

    Firstly, you will need a “sick note” from him if you are to claim any incapacity benefit. Secondly, the results of any examination will be crucial in the pursuit of any compensation claim.

    The accident should be also be reported to the Department of Work and Pensions – DWP – to register it as an industrial accident. Trade Union members should also contact their union office.

    The union may have specialist officers who deal with these kind of incidents. They may mount their own investigation and put their injured member in touch with legal representatives who specialise in compensation claims for work related accidents.

    Your employers own insurance cover may give you adequate compensation, if not the matter may have to go through the civil courts.

    If you need legal representation to pursue a work related accident you can always ask How To Claim Compensation your question in the box above. We will get back to you within an hour with Free, confidential and no obligation advice.

    Want To Know How To Claim Compensation? Call us now

    For FREE initial phone advice, and a FREE 1st appointment from expert Solicitors on all types of  compensation claims;

    • Call our team now on FREEPHONE 0800  1404544 or
    • Complete the enquiry box at the top of this page, or fill in the email contact form below for a reply by email or a call back at a time when it’s convenient to you
    • No Obligation

    • Accredited Specialist Solicitors

    • Response Within 60 Minutes

    • Free Service

    Find Out How Much You Can Claim

      Fields marked with a * are mandatory.

      The website is owned by Bonallack and Bishop Solicitors, Rougemont House, Rougemont Close, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 1LY

      © Bonallack & Bishop Solicitors. All rights reserved.

      Bonallack & Bishop Solicitors (76483) is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority