Tell us about your accident and we'll tell you...
If you have a claim
How much it's worth
How to proceed
don't bother! It's so simple, just ask us a question
There is always something unsettling about a professional negligence compensation claim.
By their very nature and because of the services they provide we always trust professionals such as doctors or solicitors, even our accountants – and when that trust is violated we do tend to feel bewildered.
Nevertheless we should never be put off bringing these claims.
After all, a bad or negligent doctor, solicitor or any other professional can cause great distress not only on their victims but also to the reputation of their profession.
In any field, whether medicine, law or accountancy, every professional has a duty of care to his client.
This means that the practitioner must provide a level of service compatible with others in their profession.
At first this may seem impossible to measure but all professional bodies, such as the Law Society in the case of solicitors and lawyers, provide strict guidelines and standards that their members must stick to.
If a practitioner has failed to meet those expected standards and you as a client or patient suffer some sort of injury or financial loss, then you could be able to make a compensation claim against them.
When Not To Make A Professional Negligence Claim
You can’t make a claim unless you can prove negligence or a lack of care.
For example, a claim cannot be made against a solicitor simply because the preferred result wasn’t obtained.
In other words if a solicitor ran a case for you and you ended up losing, you cannot make a claim for compensation just because you lost – unless you can prove that the case was lost directly as a result of your solicitor’s negligence. Which isn’t an easy thing to do.
Types of Professional Negligence Claims
Basically if someone offers a professional service, ie, they portray themselves as an expert in any field, than they can be sued by their clients if they fail to provide a fit and proper service. Common claims include;
- Negligent solicitors and barristers in claims such as wrongly drafted wills, problems with the sale and purchase of property and failed litigation
- Architects and surveyors on a variety of matters – including a surveyor who fails to report damage that can affect a property’s value in his report, and negligent mortgage valuations
- Accountants and tax consultants for failing to file your tax return on time or giving negligent advice on tax and other issues
- Mortgage broker failing to tell his client about the best value mortgage and instead steering them to a mortgage which pays a higher commission to him.
- Surveyors and architects on issues such as negligent property valuations and failure to spot property defects
- Medical negligence compensation claims against negligent nurses, doctors and other medical staff
- Negligence claims against dentists
Seek Specialist Legal Help
If you feel you have suffered physically, mentally or financially because of negligent behaviour, then you should consult a solicitor about making a professional negligence compensation claim.
The easiest way to do this is to ask us a question in the box provided. Our experienced professional negligence claims experts will be able to provide you with an initial indication as to whether or not you have a strong claim. What’s more, the service is free, fast and there is no obligation.
Because of their specialist knowledge they will be able to guide you through the whole process of the claim and will, of course, be experienced in obtaining the maximum amount of compensation for your professional negligence claim.
Want To Know How To Claim Compensation? Call us now
For FREE initial phone advice, and a FREE 1st appointment from expert Solicitors on all types of compensation claims;
- Call our team now on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or
- Complete the enquiry box at the top of this page, or fill in the email contact form below for a reply by email or a call back at a time when it’s convenient to you
Accredited Specialist Solicitors
Response Within 60 Minutes